"Home of Hope" Reformed Christian Church-Center was founded in 1994 and – beside the specific church services - it offers community building and developing activities, like: legal, business and personal counseling to unemployed persons, to youth, to women and people in need, administrates: an elderly care center ("Nicodemus" Elderly Home) and a camping site in Uzonka. It works legally under the registered Reformed Church in Romania and belongs to the Hungarian Reformed Congregation in Brasov. Our principal office is located at RO-500205, Brasov, 2 Moldovei Street.
Under the umbrella of Home of Hope Reformed Christian Church-Centre, with the support of HEKS - Swiss Interchurch Aid and Diakonisches Werk Germany, the "Program for Preventing and Combating Domestic Violence" provides regular services for victims of domestic violence, since April 2003:
- social, medical, psychological assistance
- psychological counseling and therapy through individual or group sessions
- regular professional meetings, trainings for members of the Local Social Network Organizations
- periodical presence in local mass-media
- education through workshops for teenagers, students and parents
- campaign for the rights and needs of Domestic Violence
- professional trainings for members of the Local Social Network Organizations
- avoiding "burn out" through supervision and regular team discussions for staff members
The activities described above are effective as they already have an overall coordinated community response, which places a priority on victim safety.
The need for a crisis shelter has been developed from the daily work with the victims of domestic violence and their family members. Our project is to establish a safe and secure place, a shelter for the victims of the domestic violence, where in extreme conflicts they can refugee and rest alone or with their children.
The aim is to set-up, provide and manage a working and useful shelter for the needy. This belongs to the mission of our "Program of prevention and combating domestic violence", by providing crisis intervention, temporary shelter, professional counselling, community education and prevention programs and represents the second step after we have implemented our professional counselling project for the victims of the domestic violence in the past 5 years.